Do you have a 4g supported smartphone? having a problem with activating 4g only mode?
we are here to help you!
These days almost all phones provide 4G networks.But most phone comes with 4g preferred mode or automatic modes.This lead to 4g switching problem.Mobile Phone always prefer to switch to greater signal network mode such 2g/3g.But using poor signal 4g network is faster than full signal 3g.
So now I am going to show you step by step guide for Activating 4g only mode on your android phone.So let’s end automatic network mode switching to 2g/3g
How to use 4g only mode on android phone (4 methods)
Users can activate the 4g only mode on your android phone using different methods.The main 4 methods are…
- Using Android app
- USSD code method
- phone memory tweak method
- From phone network settings
Method 1: Using android app
- Step 1: first of all, open play store on your phone and search for “4g only” or click the link to download & install 4g only app.
- Step 2: Open the app & tap on the preferred network type from the bottom of the page
- Step 3: select the 4g LTE from the drop-down box.
Method 2: using USSD code
You can activate 4g only mode by using dialer pad.Here is the steps.
- Step 1: first of all, Go-to dial pad on your phone & Dial *#*#4636#*#*
- Step 2: a testing menu will be opened in front of you. Click on the “phone information”.you can see it at the top of the page
- Step 4: Scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will see “prefered network type”. Tap on it, select the 4g mode from the drop-down box.Look for the options which add 4g LTE to your old network types.
- Warning: do not touch anything other than the preferred network type on thispage.
note: if the ussd code given above doesn’t work, make sure you try this one too *#*#3646633#*#*
Method 3: Phone memory tweak
- Step 1: first of all, go to the settings of your phone
- Step 2: Tap on the about phone. This would be mostly seen at last of the settings menu.With the new update in MIUI 9 phones, it is seen at the top position inside the settings menu
- Step 3: tap on the tab which shows the internal memory of your phone. tap on it multiple times.It needs almost 7 taps
- Step 4: A testing menu will be opened in front of you. Click on the “phone information”. you can see it at the top of the page.
- Step 5: This step is same as the step 4 in the last method.Set the 4g LTE from the drop-down box of preferred network type.
Method 4: From phone network settings
- Step 1: first of all, open settings on your phone
- Step 2: Tap network and internet from the settings menu. Note: this options changes from phone to phone. as an alternative, you can also look for sim cards and mobile networks
- Step 3: tap on the mobile networks or preferred network type
- Step 4: Set the 4g network as preferred network type
Finally, your mobile network will disconnect and reconnected to 4g only network
By following the step by step guide given above, you can easily activate 4g only mode on your android phone. The last two methods differ from phone to phone. But we are sure it has only a small difference
Do you have any better methods for activating 4g only on android? or having more problems?
Feel free to comment below.
also, read the article on smartphone explosion: reasons and prevention