VCC stands for Virtual Credit Card. Virtual Credit Card is much useful when you don’t want to use your original bank details on a website. We will learn how to create a free VCC.
What is a Virtual Credit Card
Simply put VCC is a credit card without the physical plastic card, but you will get the card holders name, from and to date, card number, cvv number all in online. This can be used for online transactions only. There are two types of vcc’s available, one-time issued or time limited.
As the name denotes, one-time issued is the type of cards that is issued to you for the first time and you can recharge it and use as many times as you want.
Time limited is the type in which the issued card is time limited ie you have to use the card and the money in it before the time expires.
You can recharge the VCC using local bank account transfer, international bank account transfer and more even easier ways such as credit or debit card transfer. Advantages of a VCC is that it can be used internationally without revealing any of your personal data or banking data. however the vcc provider will have your billing address with them.
Virtual Credit Cards comes from Virtual Card Technology which is derived from Card not Present Idea.
Now there are many VCC providers are out there. Some of them allows us to create an account and issue a vcc for free but for each transaction they will levy some charges like 1.9% to 4.5% from your account. This percentage varies according to providers and it will come to a lower percentile once the amount you transferred is higher than their limit.
Why you need VCC?
Virtual credit card has many advantages.here I discuss some major use of entropay
- Hassle free purchase from international online shopping website.Getting a credit card from bank isn’t easy.Even though you may fail in card decline problems.So Vcc is Best solution for you.
- You can Add money to betting website.some countries decline transfer from bank to online betting website.So Vcc help here.
- Add Money to Popular website for business purpose. Some websites : Flippa, Paypal, Google Developer Console, Upwork, Fiverr, etc
- Easy Money Transfer. Actually its help to transfer money.Create a VCC and give card number and cvv your friend who need money across country.they can use simple like a visa card
Here i will explain two of the most used VCC providers, they are
At first I will compare what are the pricing plans and schemes they have for free VCC.
Entropay offers free of charge for opening an account, creation of card and online transactions.
However if you want to top up from another Entropay card you will have to pay $0.20. Receiving money from our bank account comes with a charge of 1.95% and for transaction from existing debit or credit card the charge is 4.95%.
Here you can find the list of fees they have provided: Entropay Fees Structure
Neteller also offers free of charge account creation and card creation as well. One additional plus point is that it doesn’t charge any fess for local bank deposit and International bank transfer.
However for transaction from debit and credit card the fees varies from 1.9% to 4.95% (VISA cards) and 2.25% to 4.95% (MasterCard). Only one problem exists with the Neteller ie you must verify your identity by completing a bank transaction at first. Then only you can perform or access VCC section.
Here you can find the detailed list of fees Neteller takes: Neteller Fees Structure
Creation of VCC in Entropay
- Goto this Signup Link
- Fill in the details form
- After clicking on submit, you will get a welcome email
- Click on the “Cards” in the navigation menu
- Click on “Create Card”
- Type your “Card Nick Name”
- Then click “Create”
- Thats All, Your first VCC has been created.
To top up the card click on “Top up Card” and choose any of the method you wish to choose and fill up the details accordingly. Once the Top up has been completed you will get the card number, cvv number in that card itself and you can use it for online payments.
To add more than one card you have to upgrade your account to standard or pro.
Creation of VCC in Neteller
- Goto this Signup Link
- Fill in the required details
- Click Open account
- You will get a confirmation mail, open the mail
- Click Sign in link in the mail
- Provide the details and sign in
- Click on Money In option
- Choose preferred method and add the minimum fund designated.
- After that Select the Net+ Cards link found on the left side of your screen
- Select the Net+ Virtual Prepaid Mastercard® section
- Click on Add a card
- Select the desired currency. Please choose the currency that you do most of your shopping with as there will be a currency exchange rate fee of 3.99% if there is currency conversion.
- Name your card (optional).
- Fill in a lifetime limit (optional).
- Once you generate the Net+ Prepaid Mastercard®, you will notice the 16-digit card number appear, along with the Security Code (CVV) and the Expiry date.
You can now use that Net+ Virtual generated card number at your favorite merchant.
Note: Even though the first Net+ Virtual Prepaid Mastercard® is free of charge, every next card will cost 3 USD (2.5 EUR/ 2 GBP). You can have up to 5 active Net+ Virtual Prepaid Mastercard® cards at a time.
This is a small tutorial on how to create a Virtual Credit Card for free of cost. I have explained the best two providers out there for VCC and its step by step procedure for creating a new card as well.
Hope you enjoyed and if found useful share it with your friends as well.