In this content, I will guide you on how to clear temporary files in windows 11. every operating system creates temp or temporary files. it’s a common process. when a program or files are created, temporary files will store somewhere in the operating system installed drive. automatic temporary file creating tools are already included in Windows 11. so, I will guide you on how to clear temporary files in windows 11.
How to clear temporary files in windows 11?
windows 11 has a temporary file saver tool, so that tool will create temp files automatically when you create a program or files. I will guide you on how to clear temporary files in windows 11 without using any third-party software.
- PRESS + I to open the settings.
- then select System
- Click on Storage
- wait for few seconds and let the system load current storage information.
- now you can see there are some temporary files in the system, click on temporary files for detailed information.
- download folder has too many temp files
- select the files you no longer need and click on the Remove files button.
- then click on continue to confirm the action.
- wait some seconds to clear all temp files.
- after all, now you can see all temp files are cleared.
you can do another thing in windows 11. you can set the time limit to delete the temporary files. and also you can decide what to keep. I will guide you on how to enable storage sense in windows 11.
how to Enable storage sense in windows 11
- press +I to open the settings.
- then select System
- then clicks on Storage.
- now click on Storage sense(under storage management)
- then turn on Storage sense.
Now Windows 11 will automatically manage the temp files, and you never have to bother about the temporary files.
How to Delete Temp Files Manually
- First, press +R to open the Run application.
- Then type “%temp%“ and click ok.
- Now you can see the temporary files.
- select all temporary files and right-click on the mouse.
- then click on the trash icon to delete all.
- now you deleted temporary files.
I hope you like this and please share and command.